Palm oil is a tropical vegetable oil, which is the largest vegetable oil in the world in terms of production, consumption and international trade. Together with soybean oil and rapeseed oil, it is known as "the world's three major vegetable oils" and has a edible history of more than five thousand years.
Extraction Process of Palm Oil
Palm-oil plants harvest FFB (Fresh Fruit Brunch) from plantations and press crude oil and other by-products. The main products are CPO (Crude Palm Oil) and Palm Kernel (PK). CPO is extracted from the mesocarp and PK is extracted from the nucleoli. The pericarp oil content of oil palm fruit is as high as 75%, and the oil extracted is brownish yellow, commonly known as skin oil; Seeds containing fat and protein, kernel oil content of 45%, can also be pressed oil, oil white, said palm kernel oil.
Palm Oil Mill Process
- 1. The FFBs are sent to the palm oil mill within 24 hours after picking.
- 2. cooking: sterilization and cooking FFB
Heat the palm fruit skewers in a horizontal or vertical matzah jar for 2 hours, in order to Destroy lipase, so as not to increase the content of free fatty acids in oil;
High temperature leaven can make the fruit soft, convenient for mechanical threshing;
Pretreated pericarp for subsequent processing;
Preregulate the seed to reduce kernel breakage.
When the palm fruit enters the leavened jar, close the leavened jar, open the exhaust valve below the leavened jar, and then enter the saturated steam. When the cold air in the jar is basically discharged, close the exhaust valve and enter the cooking leavened jar. The time of leavened jar is generally 2 hours. When the yeast is finished, close the steam inlet valve, open the valve to the muffler, and drain the water and steam out of the jar before opening the door of the yeast jar.
- 3. the fruit and ear stem separated, the fruit to the silo;
- 4. pressing: after the above steps, the palm fruit is fed into the spiral oil press. The oil palm fruit is divided into a mixture of oil, water, solid impurities and cake (fiber and core) after pressing. Adopt continuous screw oil press. It has a horizontal box with a hole, there are two screw, the box body slag outlet has a school cake head, it can control the pressure to ensure that the cake residual oil at least, and can also make the kernel breakage rate adjusted to a reasonable range. Under the action of spiral pressure, the oil cake from the pulp tissue and extrudes from the machine head, containing the fruit kernel (non-broken palm kernel oil). The liquid part flows out from the lower mouth, and is filtered into a disc stack centrifuge to obtain crude palm oil.
- 5. pressing palm kernel oil, the pressed cake is sent to the net type separation mouth, the kernel wind is sent to the crusher, the kernel shell is broken, the kernel is separated, and then through the press, filter and disc centrifuge , to get the palm kernel oil.
- The crude palm oil and crude palm kernel oil are then sent to a refinery for separation and refining.
ZK Disc Centrifuge
ZK disc centrifuge is a kind of special equipment for the separation of palm oil, which is characterized by high oil production efficiency, large output and high degree of automation. It is suitable for the separation of immiscible oil and water with lower solid content suspension and smaller specific gravity difference. Its principle is according to the centrifugal force to make different gravity of the material stress, so as to achieve the purpose of separation.