The disc stack centrifuge is one kind of vertical centrifuge with a drum mounted on the upper end of the vertical shaft, it is driven by a motor through a transmission device to rotate at a high speed.
Inside the drum is a set of disc-shaped parts which are nested together-discs. There is a small gap between discs. The suspension is fed into the drum from feed pipe located in the center of the drum, and when it flows through the gap between the discs, the solid particles settle on the discs under the action of the centrifuge to form sediment.
The sediment slides along the surface of the disc to separate from the disc and accumulate in the largest diameter part of the drum.
The separated liquid is discharged from the liquid outlet to the drum. The function of the disc is to shorten the settlement distance of solid particles and expand the settlement area of the drum. The installation of the disc in the drum greatly increases the production capacity of the centrifuge.
The solids accumulated in the drum can be removed manually by disassembling the rotating drum after the centrifuge is shut down, or discharged from the drum through the slag discharge mechanism without stopping the machine.
- 1. Mineral oil industry: purification of fuel and lubricating oil for ship main engines, land diesel engines, power stations, etc.;
- 2. Dairy industry: clarification, purification and degreasing of fresh milk;
- 3. Vegetable oil industry: purification and clarification of palm oil, degumming, desoaping, dehydration and dewaxing of vegetable oil refining, etc.;
- 4. Beverage product industry: clarification of beer, fruit juice, beverages, etc., extraction of plant protein, wastewater treatment, etc.; clarification of bioengineering fermentation broth;
- 5. Starch industry: concentration and classification of starch slurry;
- 6. Pharmaceutical industry: purification or clarification in the extraction process of antibiotics and biochemical pharmaceuticals, clarification of Chinese medicines, etc.;
- 7. Chemical industry: purification or clarification of chemical raw materials;
- 8. Lanolin industry: extract and purify lanolin from wool scouring wastewater;
- 9. Latex industry: purification and concentration of natural rubber latex;
- 10. Other industries: laboratory, petroleum, coking, kaolin, pulp recycling, electrolyte treatment, wastewater treatment, environmental protection, etc., the extraction of animal and plant proteins, the extraction and refining of animal fats, and the separation of mixed fatty acids.