What is kitchen waste?
Kitchen waste is the most important type of food waste. The Beijing Municipal Administration Commission No. 5 of 2005, “Administrative Measures for the Collection and Transportation of Kitchen Waste in Beijing” defines the kitchen waste: Garbage refers to wastes such as food residues, residual liquids and waste oils produced by hotels, restaurants, restaurants and institutions, military units, colleges and universities, and enterprises during food processing, catering services, and unit feeding. According to statistics from the Institute of Solid Waste Pollution Control and Resource Reconstruction of Tsinghua University, 60 million tons of kitchen waste is produced every year in China’s cities.
With the improvement of people’s living standards, the amount of kitchen waste generated has increased year by year . At present, there are problems such as “ditch oil” and “garbage pig” that are well known in China, and they are all products of informal disposal of kitchen waste. How to make good use of kitchen waste has become a hot spot in contemporary scientific research.
◆Features of Kitchen Waste
(1) rich in organic substances such as starch, fat, protein, cellulose, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium and various trace elements, toxic and harmful chemicals (such as heavy metals) are low in content and rich in nutrients, and are rich resources for making animal feed and organic fertilizer;
(2) The rate of decay and metamorphism is fast, and it is easy to carry the pathogenic bacteria: foot-and-mouth disease, Salmonella, Toxoplasma gondii, and swine fever.Direct use and inappropriate handling can cause the spread and infection of pathogens;
(3) The swill oil and the waste oil are processed into food oil, which directly harms human health.
(4) Under high temperature conditions, the decay rate is fast.
(5) The water content (70%-90%), oil content (1%-5%) and NaCl (1%-3%) are much higher than foreign countries. Catering waste varies by location, location, and season. Typical Korean food waste ingredients contain 48.4% carbon, 6.9% nitrogen, nitrogen ratio of 7.0, and water content of 80.3%. From the chemical composition of view, there are startch, cellulose, protein, lipids and inorganic salts, among which organic components are the main creatures.